Mission & Goals
To be a world leader in the education of engineers in the application of engineering principles for the marine environment by:
- providing the leading bachelor's program in naval architecture and marine engineering, with emphasis on the conceptual design, engineering, manufacture, and life cycle management of marine vehicles, structures, and complex systems;
- providing the leading graduate education and research program in engineering for the marine environment, one which spans a broad range of inquiry; and
- providing leadership and service to the state, national and international marine community.
- To recruit, educate, and support exceptional, diverse students and engage them in lifelong learning and achievement while preparing them for a sustained career of engineering leadership in the marine related industries, government service, and academia.
- To maintain and enhance the leading undergraduate program in the world in naval architecture and marine engineering; one which provides a rigorous and effective preparation for a lifelong career of engineering leadership and service.