211 NA&ME Bldg.
2600 Draper Road
Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-2145
B.S.E., University of Science and Technology of China, Electrical Engineering, 1982
M.S.E., University of Science and Technology of China, Electrical Engineering, 1984
Ph. D., University of Southern California, EE-Systems, 1989
- Control system development and optimization for marine and automotive propulsion systems, with focus on system modeling, identification, control algorithm development and integration, control system rapid prototyping and experimental validation.
- Modeling, control and optimization of electrified vehicles, with emphasis on transient energy management for mobile applications.
- Adaptive control theory, with focus on algorithm and tool development aiming at improved transient performance and convergence properties.
- Advanced control methodologies, including optimal control and nonlinear control, and their real-time applications to marine and automotive systems.
Complete list w/PDF files for downloading can be found HERE
- Soryeok Oh, Jing Sun, Herb Dobbs, Joel King, “Model PredictiveControlfor Power and Thermal Management of An Integrated SolidOxide Fuel Cell and Turbocharger System,” IEEE Transactions onControl System Technology, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp911-920, May, 2014.
- Caihao Weng, Yujia Cui, Jing Sun, and Huei Peng, “On-board State ofHealth Monitoring of Lithium-ion Batteries Using Incremental CapacityAnalysis with Support Vector Regression,” Journal of Power Sources,Vol. 235, pp36-44, 2013.
- Yanhui Xie, Reza Ghaemi, Jing Sun, and James Freudenberg, “ModelPredictive Control for a Full Bridge DC/DC Converter,” IEEETransactions on Control System Technology, Volume 20, No. 1, pp 164-172, January 2012.
- Reza Ghaemi, Jing Sun, Ilya Kolmanovsky, “Neighboring ExtremalSolution for Nonlinear Discrete-Time Optimal Control Problems withState Inequality Constraints,” IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control,Volume 54, No. 11, pp2674-2679, Nov. 2009.
- Zhen Li, Jing Sun, Soryeok Oh, “Design, Analysis and ExperimentalValidation of a Robust Nonlinear Path Following Controller for MarineSurface Vessels,” Automatica, Volume 45, Issue 7, pp1649-1658, July2009.
- Petros A. Ioannou and Jing Sun, Robust Adaptive Control, PrenticeHall, 1996 (Reprint by Dover in 2012).
- NA331 Marine Engineering
- NA532 Marine Electrical Engineering
- NA483 Marine Control Systems
- NA531 Adaptive Control