Prospective Student Info
Everyone is a big fish here
Our professors and advisors know you by name.
You have resources of a major research university in a small, close-knit department that feels like family. NAME classes feature a faculty/student ratio of about 1:20 or smaller.
Learn about your future department
- Undergraduate Program – Learn about our undergraduate program, admissions, requirements, dual major’s, and a lot more information about the NAME Undergraduate program.
- Graduate Program – Learn about our graduate program, degree programs, degree requirements, admissions, academic focus areas, and a lot more information about the NAME Graduate program.
- Contact Information – Have more questions? Ask us.
Explore some of our student societies and teams
Don’t worry, We help new students get started
Getting around Ann Arbor is a breeze
Ready to apply?
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Ask a Naval Architect
What Do NAME Graduates Do?
Michigan NAME graduates work in almost every field that touches water, including:
- Offshore energy – wind, oil and gas exploration
- Watercraft design – military, competitive, commercial and recreational
- Great Lakes and ocean shipping
- Coastal erosion prediction
- America’s Cup racing teams
- Policy and consulting
Like all Michigan engineers, NAME graduates skills and knowledge of engineering principles means they can also take jobs in automotive, transportation, robotics, …the opportunities are endless.