Prospective Student Info
Everyone is a big fish here.
Our professors and advisors know you by name.
You have resources of a major research university in a small, close-knit department that feels like family. NAME classes feature a faculty/student ratio of about 1:20 or smaller.
Learn about your future department.
- Undergraduate Program – learn about our undergraduate program, admissions and requirements, dual degree information.
- Graduate Program – learn about our graduate program, degree programs and requirements, academic focus areas and research focus areas.
- Contact Information – have more questions? Ask us.
Explore some of our student societies and teams.
Don’t worry. We help new students get started.
Getting around Ann Arbor is a breeze.
Ready to apply? Here’s what you need to know:
Ask a Naval Architect
What Do NAME Graduates Do?
Michigan NAME graduates work in almost every field that touches water, including:
- Offshore energy – wind, oil and gas exploration
- Watercraft design – military, competitive, commercial and recreational
- Great Lakes and ocean shipping
- Coastal erosion prediction
- America’s Cup racing teams
- Policy and consulting
Like all Michigan engineers, NAME graduates skills and knowledge of engineering principles means they can also take jobs in automotive, transportation, robotics—the opportunities are endless.