PROSPECTIVE STUDENT INFO
Everyone is a big fish here
Our professors and advisors know you by name.
You have the resources of a major research university in a small, close-knit department that feels like family. NAME classes feature an average class size of 25.
LEARN ABOUT YOUR FUTURE DEPARTMENT
- Undergraduate Program – Learn about our undergraduate program, admissions, requirements, dual major’s, and a lot more information about the NAME Undergraduate program.
- Graduate Program – Learn about our graduate program, degree programs, degree requirements, admissions, academic focus areas, and a lot more information about the NAME Graduate program.
- Contact Information – Have more questions? Ask us.
EXPLORE SOME OF OUR STUDENT SOCIETIES AND TEAMS
DON’T WORRY, WE HELP NEW STUDENTS GET STARTED
- Office of New Student Programs (ONSP) at U-M – Welcome to Michigan programs and orientations, helping incoming students get ready to start their journey here.
- Orientation to Computing at U-M – Introduction to IT services and resources, U-M online directory (MCommunity), Wolverine Access, and the U-M Computer Showcase.
- Engineering Advising Center – Get ready for academic success.
- Engineering Career Resource Center – It’s never too early to plan your career.
GETTING AROUND ANN ARBOR IS A BREEZE
- Campus Information Centers
- Ticket Office
- UM Housing
- International Center
- Transportation and Directions to Ann Arbor
- UM Bus Routes
- Ann Arbor Bus Service
- Directions and Map to NAME Department on Our Visit Us Page
- Parking Options on North Campus
READY TO APPLY?
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- UM Prospective Students – information on how to apply to U-M, transfer credits, and estimated costs
- Engineering Admissions – information for prospective Michigan Engineers
- Scholarships – information about financial aid and scholarships
- Support Services – information about wellness programs here at the College
- International Programs in Engineering office – information on international education through the integration of international coursework, academic programs abroad and international industrial internships
- Horace H. Rackham Graduate School – for graduate studies
- University of Michigan Academic Calendar – Academic Calendar, Student Registration Deadlines, Textbook Calendar
ASK A NAVAL ARCHITECT
WHAT DO NAME GRADUATES DO?
Michigan NAME graduates work in almost every field that touches water, including:
- Offshore energy – wind, oil and gas exploration
- Watercraft design – military, competitive, commercial and recreational
- Great Lakes and ocean shipping
- Coastal erosion prediction
- America’s Cup racing teams
- Policy and consulting
Like all Michigan engineers, NAME graduates skills and knowledge of engineering principles means they can also take jobs in automotive, transportation, robotics, …the opportunities are endless.