Assistant Research Scientist
Naval Architecture & Marine Engineering
130 NAME2600 Draper Drive
Xianjun Pei is an Assistant Research Scientist in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NAME) at the University of Michigan. Before joining the University of Michigan, he worked in Schlumberger Limited as an research scientist for one year. He received his Ph.D. in NAME from the University of Michigan in 2017, and B.S. degree in Welding science and technology from Harbin Institute of Technology in 2007.
1. Pei, X., and Dong, P. A selectively-coupled shear localization model for friction stir welding process window estimation. International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, 123, 89-104.
2. Pei, X., Dong, P. and Xing, S. A structural strain parameter for a unified treatment of fatigue behaviors of welded components. International Journal of Fatigue, 124, 444-460
3. Pei, X. and Dong, P. An analytically formulated structural strain method for fatigue evaluation of welded components incorporating nonlinear hardening effects. Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures 42.1 (2019): 239-255.
4. Pei, X., and Dong, P. Shear localisation modelling of friction stir weld formation process. Science and Technology of Welding and Joining 19.5 (2014): 416-426.
5. Pei, X., and Dong, P. Modeling of banded structure in friction stir weld in strain rate–hardening materials of Zener–Hollomon type. The Journal of Strain Analysis for Engineering Design (2015): 0309324714563199.
6. Pei, X. and Dong, P. An Improved Friction Stir Shear Localization Model and Applications in Understanding Weld Formation Process in Alloy Ti-6-4. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (2017): 1-14.