NAME Featured Image

NAME historian is Pulitzer finalist for American Revolution Book

NAME alumnus and historian, Larrie D. Ferreiro is a Pulitzer finalist for his book, “Brothers at Arms: American Independence and the Men of France and Spain Who Saved It.” Larrie D. Ferreiro is the author of “Brothers at Arms: American Independence and the Men of France and Spain Who Saved It” He teaches history and…

NAME alumnus and historian, Larrie D. Ferreiro is a Pulitzer finalist for his book, “Brothers at Arms: American Independence and the Men of France and Spain Who Saved It.”

Larrie D. Ferreiro is the author of “Brothers at Arms: American Independence and the Men of France and Spain Who Saved It” He teaches history and engineering at George Mason University in Virginia and the Stevens Institute of Technology in New Jersey. He has served for over thirty-five years in the US Navy, US Coast Guard and Department of Defense, and was an exchange engineer in the French Navy.

The book was under consideration for with flair and insight, casting the American Revolution in the fresh light of its proper context in international history.

Ferreiro was honored to be nominated for the Pulitzer and credits his writing skills to his time at NAME.

“I certainly learned to write under the gentle lash of the late Harry Benford, who in addition to teaching me to always multiply by two, also showed me how not to split infinitives.”

Read more about the book HERE.

I certainly learned to write under the gentle lash of the late Harry Benford, who in addition to teaching me to always multiply by two, also showed me how not to split infinitives.

Larrie D. Ferreiro

Media CONTACT

Undergraduate Advisor Warren Noone

Nicole Frawley-Panyard

Marketing & Communications Specialist