We Have Connections
Michigan NAME’s reputation in the field opens doors to great internship opportunities across the country and around the globe. Most undergraduates complete at least one internship, supplementing their classroom learning with real-world experience. Interns consistently earn an average monthly salaries of about $3,000 and gain invaluable experience and exposure .
Internship fields, companies and organizations include:
- Energy companies like ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil and Chevron
- Design firms, shipyards, shipbuilding companies
- Yacht industry, including Oracle USA racing team
- American Bureau of Shipping
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Naval Surface Warfare Center
We’ll help get you there.
Companies with internship and entry-level positions work with the department to schedule visits and interviews through our student organization, the Quarterdeck Society, between September and February.
We can also help with:
- Internship search
- Resume prep`
- Interview skills
- Negotiation techniques
Learn more about Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering careers
You can also visit the Engineering Career Resource Center for help with your internship search.