The Dual Admission Application (formerly called Add a Degree or Certificate Application) is only appropriate for current Rackham students who are seeking dual admission by adding a Rackham Master’s degree or Certificate to their current Rackham program on the Ann Arbor campus.
The Rackham Graduate School provides students the opportunity to combine two graduate or graduate-professional programs. In order to shorten the length of the program, students are able to double-count a limited number of credits.
Dual Admission Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a current Rackham doctoral or master’s program student.
- Must have completed at least one academic term in the current Rackham program with a cumulative GPA equal to or above a 3.0. As a first-term graduate student, you are not eligible to apply until your grades are posted indicating a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must complete the Pre-Approval Form for Dual Admission and obtain a signature of approval from the graduate coordinator in your current graduate program before you apply. Without approval and an authorized signature on the form, your application will not be processed and the application fee of $10 will not be refunded. You will be required to upload the completed and signed Pre-Approval Form in the online application.
GO TO THE RACKHAM SCHOOL OF GRADUATE STUDIES WEBSITE FOR INFORMATION ABOUT DOUBLE-COUNTING CREDIT HOURS BETWEEN TWO PROGRAMS.
Ready to Apply?
Current Rackham students complete the Dual Admission application using an ApplyWeb account.
Be prepared to include the following documents in the online application:
- The required $10 application fee.
- You must meet with your current graduate coordinator prior to submitting the application for dual admission. Upload the completed and signed Pre-Approval Form for Dual Admission in the online application.
- Program-specific information on page four of the online application—if required by program.
- Dual/Joint Degree Election Form—if required by the proposed program.