We are pleased that you will be able to interview in the Department of Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NAME) at the University of Michigan. We hope you will enjoy your visit, and we want to give you as much information as possible in advance to make your interview visit productive.
Please take a moment to fill out the NAME Faculty Candidate Interview Scheduling Form to provide the information that we will need to schedule your in-person interview.
Theresa Kennedy, Assistant to the Chair, will be available to assist you throughout your visit and can be reached at 810-516-2832 or email@example.com.
Your interview will consist of a meeting with the Academic Affairs representative, your seminar presentation, virtual lunch with faculty, meetings with other College of Engineering faculty, a meeting with the search committee, and post-interview visit with the Chair, Dr. David Dowling.
Please email the following information to Theresa Kennedy:
- We will need a brief biography and titled-abstract of your seminar.
- Your biography should include your name, (PhD) degree field, degree date, degree institution, current employment title and current employer and be roughly 150 words in length.
- Your abstract should be a 1-2 paragraph (approximately 300 words) summary of your seminar. This information will be utilized to advertise your campus seminar.
- The seminar should be approximately 50 minutes with a 10 minute question and answer period to follow. The faculty will be looking for substance in research and will be evaluating communication (teaching) abilities. The audience will consist primarily of faculty and graduate students, mirroring the range of specialties in the NAME department. We will provide media equipment as needed. Prior to your visit, please contact Chris Eckmeter (firstname.lastname@example.org) about specific media needs for your presentation.
- A high resolution headshot
- Please provide a recording of your name (as you’d like to be introduced) by visiting https://online-voice-recorder.com. This will ensure that we pronounce your name correctly. Please be advised that it works best from your computer (not your phone).
Please let me know if you have questions about any of the arrangements we have described here, or about any other aspect of your interview. We look forward to having you here.